Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

kukri posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 7:08 PM

Perhaps 7 a week isn't unreasonable. But the reasoning behind the question puzzles me. I doubt if I've ever posted seven images in a week, but why the vehement insistance? "My image gets buried in the gallery so noone sees it?" Piffle.

NOTE: JAPERY - ENGAGE SENSE OF HUMOR HERE My highly unscientific survey (watching the hits on galleries) indicates to me that the best way to get eyeballs around here is to make the mammaries bigger than the head, add minimalist chainmail and soft focus, and voila! 1000 hits! :-) END JAPERY

Seriously, though, aside from the Victoria's-Secret-by-way-of-Frazetta images, the most eyeballs go to those who have a lot of relationships in the community. People like to see their friends' work. That's not a bad thing, in itself.

Now, sooner or later, the avalanche of artistry (note the Ezra Pound like alliteration) is going to bury the lovely meadow of Renderosity in which we all so adore lolling away the sunny hours. We will all eventually face the "Disaster of the Commons" - when everyone has unrestricted access to a resource eventually it is useless to everyone. So some sort of reasonable limit doesn't strike me as unfair.