Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

Akia posted Sun, 04 May 2003 at 2:11 AM

I agree with Rockets too. If I can only upload one picture a day, forget about it. I do work in spurts. Sometimes I have nothing for a week, and then I get inspired and wind up with four or five. I think a big problem is that some artists put up basically the very same work from just differing camera angles and perhaps lighting. I agree that the artists need to show some discretion on what they put up, and they shouldn't just do it to beg compliments. That should be done in the forums. But there are people who are proud of what they've done and want to show their peers what they've done. Whether or not anyone comments, it's a good feeling to put up something they've worked hard on, and it's even more exciting to have someone (especially someone whom they admire) post a positive or helpful comment on the page. I think restraint on the artist's part should be emphasized more than limiting people who really do have three powerful images to upload. I've been guilty of uploading a work-in-progress, but I don't do that anymore because I know the finished product is always more appealing than the lump of digital clay. Just my two bucks, dolares, dinar, yen, rubles, pesos, pence and any other foreign currency.