Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

jwdell posted Sun, 04 May 2003 at 8:42 AM

First off I have to say that durring my lurking sessions in the forums I have followed and read many of the threads(Mostly in 2-d and Mixed Media forums) that led to this particular discussion. I can't even believe that it's being given serious consideration. It appears to have all been brought about by a few artists who are whining because their images move down the list too quickly and don't recieve the viewings/comments that they feel they deserve. I don't believe there is a bandwidth or server strain related issue, though I don't know that for certain.
To those people I say this. When surfing the galleries, I blast through pages with 18 thumbnails at a pop, on a page of 18 I actually view maybe 3 pics, based on whether or not the thumbnail appeals to me. You can limit posts to one per month if you like, but that's not going to change my or anyone elses surfing habits. I'm still only going to click the thumbs that appeal to me in some form. If there are less images, that only means I'm going to finish earlier then go to Renderotica or 3-D Commune, not stay here looking at other images that I didn't find appealing to start with. (In no way am I trying to flame anyones work,it's a matter of what appeals to me personally. so please don't take offense.)
So you limit it to one per day, does this solve the problem, hell no! The first result is that some of the best artists here, Serpentis, Rockets, Liewald, Blazerwiccan, etc. who are skilled enough to create 3 or 4 images per day take offense and go elsewhere. Many of them already feel stifled by being limited to 3 per day. The whiners are still not going to recieve the viewings they feel they deserve, and by nature will always find something to whine about. My feeling is that limits aren't going to change anyones surfing habits so limiting the number of posts per day, week or whatever can only have a negative impact on this community!