Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

liewald posted Sun, 04 May 2003 at 11:50 AM

I think there are a number of issues ere that people aren't addressing. Firstly I think that a daily storage limit rather than image limit would be more applicable as the number on poorly compressed images in the gallery is increadable. Limiting the number of images is stunting peoples creativity and will push the creative artists away from r'osity. It would be much better if artists would take the time and effort to optimise their images prior to posting. Also I agree that there are far to many "beta tests" in thee main galleries. If merchants want to show their wares it should not be in the main galleries but in some other area on the site. What is needed is a reethink of what r'osity is about. If there are no artists using the galleries then there will be no customers for the merchants. If there is no trade then there will be no r'osity. end of story. Something has to be done to make people think about they are doing rather than applying some draconian policy which is only going to damage the site and the users of it.