Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

Laurie S posted Sun, 04 May 2003 at 3:10 PM

I agree with Poppi .. funny she started me thinking of the galleries as they were when I first found them .. let me tell ya THAT was brutal s .. the comments had no frills and were definite critiques.. in fact I do not remember reading an all "great" string of comments on any image .. always there were suggestions for improvements .. some valid .. some not I guess . I was to chicken to post a thing for more than a year .. by the time I did the tone of the gallery had changed a tad, things were not so harsh and I was relieved .. but then it all seemed to swing the other way .. folks were scared to comment at all unless it was totally positive .. works that did not have a lot of thought put into them began to show up frequently .. then the #s began to increase dramatically. I have never understood the need to post anything in a rush , and images for me take a long time. But I know others feel different about it and I can respect that .. what I think is that the 3/day, 7/week limit is a good way to perhaps add a bit of balance?. Personally I would be happy with a 1/ week upload limit .. but like I said I can understand that others can work faster than me. At any rate I think this poll a positive step and I am glad Renderosity set it up.