Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

Barbarellany posted Sun, 04 May 2003 at 11:00 PM

OK, I just did a quick test. I went to page 15, 18, and 24 of All Galleries,All Types. These are all from today and I have my page set at 18 thumbs per page. Guess what folks, all you theories about how the shear numbers of uploads giving your work so little time to be viewed and commented on is baloney and you are kidding yourselves with all your nonsence and loft ideas of when a person should feel qualified to post their work here. If you look at the number of members here, cut it by 2/3, you still don't come close to how few members actally post at all. Most people who come here come as viewers and most of them are here for nudes. Oddly enough, if you look at the pages I mention at the settings I mention, you will find people are managing to wade through and look at all the poser nudes. Work that excells also have a lot of hits. Those with seductive or interesting thumbnails get alot of hits. Do the test, then talk. This isn't going to change if we are only allowed one upload a year. If your not getting enough hits to satisfy you, a) improve your work, b) improve your thumbnails, c) if all else fails and you need to see those numbers, start doing poser nudes and show the T&A in the thumbnail. What ever is decided with this poll and all the opinions, the viewers are the same people. The same people and types of art are going to get the hits and the others will still wonder what's wrong with renderosity. Get a clue. I don't care how many post an artist uploads a day. The 3 per day is fine as I said before. I leaves room for diversity in creative process. Considering the number of members 500-600 uploads in a day is a small number relative to membership. as a side issue from this thread - just because it took you a year to get up the nerve to post your work here doesn't mean that formula works for everyone. Some people read the entire manual and a few reference books before they touch a new program, others dive in. It's human nature to be in different places on any spectrum and neither makes a better or worse artist. Stop trying to put rules on what an artist is, that's not what this thread is about.