Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

DMFW posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 7:39 AM

Having just read through ALL this thread (phew!) I've got one more suggestion to add... First off, I'd like to say that personally I don't mind skimming the thumbnails and if I miss an image, the world won't come to an end. The abilities to mark favourite artists and to go to artists galleries are a great help. However, I have fast bandwidth access and I can understand that I might feel differently about this if I was limited to modem speeds. I DO think we need some metrics from the admins to add a bit of light to the heat in this discussion. I suspect that the problem with flooding the galleries is caused by numbers of artsist rather than multiple posts from "offending" artists. But suppose I'm wrong? For those who'd like to limit the number of uploads how about this suggestion... Why not have a filter to let members selectively stop images by other member names? I'm not suggesting I'd use such a filter myself but if you really don't like your bandwidth being gobbled up by someone's thumbnails whom you categorise as an abuser, then block 'em. This can't be criticised as a form of central censorship, only self censorship. If on the other hand, it's the number of artists that are the problem this won't help - but then that would undermine a lot of the arguments that have been made previously :-) P.S. I also like the idea of a "voted" gallery but only if the other galleries continue as they are now.