Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

ShadowWind posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 1:33 PM

Tuttle,
First of all, I did push awhile back to get rid of the view count limits, but I was too radical and so it pretty much went nowhere. I didn't have the time or the status to really push for it and it was basically something that was a thought.

A master's gallery, to me, is kinda like private cliques in high school where the jocks ruled the school and anyone else, no matter what accomplishments they made, got stuffed in a locker. I don't see this being any different. I know so many artists overlooked for AoM, that I have to wonder what kind of judging there would be for such a gallery. Just from Ecstasy's comments about revenue, sounds to me like some kinda showcase for the store and elite translates to who can buy the most products. Before I get lynched, I buy as much from the store as anyone, maybe more, and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but even I would not consider myself any kind of master artist because I can put together scenes fairly well.

What I would support would be a showcase gallery where each artist could have one new pic a week or month, their best one, that would serve as something that is representative of their art. It would not be voted on, just allowed. This would give all a fair shot of being looked at, would strive for people to be better (but at their own pace and without the frustration), and to maybe lighten the load of finding new artists for the viewers. Such images could also be included on the front page (in rotation) or the latest 7 or something. Now, I can't see how anybody who's not trying to separate their work from the masses would have difficulty with that concept, but I am always surprised...

Okay, maybe one objection. How about only 1 image total and then you can change it once in awhile if you come up with something you think is better.

Another 2c...
ShadowWind