Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Quick Questions

illicit opened this issue on May 05, 2003 ยท 14 posts

maclean posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 3:33 PM

Attached Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PoserTECH/

OK. I had to take a break in case Rosity ate my message. I also see les has been posting while I was writing. Never mind, I'll carry on with mine and you can combine the info. Looking at les's, one difference is that I'm using the line 'forceLimits 4', not 'forceLimits 0'. This line tells poser to stop moving the object when it reaches a certain point. It's the same as checking 'Use Limits' in the menu, except it's permanant. I use it with doors, because otherwise, they tend to swing round and go through the main object without stopping. It's up to you. Also, my ERC is specifically for rotation, which is why it reads 'deltaAddDelta 180.000000' instead of 'deltaAddDelta 1.000000'. Not a big deal. Between us, I think we've pretty much covered it. Just make sure that when you modify the second door's rotation channel, that you point it to the correct body part for the master channel, ie. the lines, Figure 1 dartboard:1 and, reverse the min/max and delta values. You may find you have to do it the opposite way round, and reverse the 1st door instead. It depends on how you made them. In addition, I strongly reccommend you go to Poser Tech group, (link above), register, and get John Stalling's cr2Edit (v1.51 NOT 1.52 - it's buggy). This is the best app for editing cr2s - WAY better than messing around in notepad. And it's free. As far as the pool table goes, you'll have to have each ball a separate body part, then use X and Z trans to move them around. Try the dartboard first, then we'll come back to the pool table. mac