Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

ShadowWind posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:43 PM

Tuttle,
Two things are wrong with this whole poll...

1> We don't have numbers to prove either side of the argument. You and Illusions have both presented snapshots that support both sides of this issue and while I don't doubt their validity as I said, a snapshot does not tell us in the long term whether this will even dent the surface as to better viewing of the galleries.

2> This whole gallery limit thing was not announced in the galleries. Many people don't go the front page. It should have been placed on every gallery header so that people are aware that they are about to get a change from the 15-20 people pushing for change if it comes to that.

Please stop speaking for many of us when you are claiming what you want. While I don't want to speak for Sking, if he's getting 1000 or so views, then I doubt his reasons for this thread are that he wants more views. That was certainly not my reason and after hearing both sides of the coin, I'm not convinced it will do that anyway. Probably like many of us, who you seem to keep grouping into your argument as wanting more views, I want an easier way to look through the galleries and enjoy the fine art presented here. To be able to participate in other people's joys and sorrows is as rewarding as the views of our own work in my opinion. Just ranting on about how limiting artists just so that you will personally have more views is IMO, just as dialyn said, egotistical at best. There are ways to get more views if that is your desire, but they don't involve limiting others.

At this point, I think they should just leave it the way it is (3 a day) until such time as the logistics can be displayed and worked out about what is the best solution to the viewing problem of those that look at our works and not focus on artists who are just in this for more views...

It amazes me as well that the ones who truly deserve more views of their work, aren't the ones in here arguing for the change...

Just went to the change machine, for more pennies,
ShadowWind