Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

Derty posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 11:05 PM

This place has always had massive trffic and always will, In more places than just the Art Gallerys, yet i don't here anyone complaining about the what they consider good or bad in the Free Stuff sections and imposing limits on the amount of uploads there and I'd definately say there is just as much or more traffic there than in the Gallerys slowing the site down and taking up space on the servers. i think a customizable view all gallery is a good idea too. I'm just making my point like you are. Think about this, what if Tolkien had been limited to 3 books in his entire life. He wrote The Hobbit, Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and then.....well someone said he couldn't publish another book, but he did write it but it got lost and could never be found, and he forgot to make a penname to publish it as someone else and then A Kender stole it and lost it to a Dwarf who had to fight a group of trolls and the book was the only thing he had to catch on fire to fight the trolls! We'd have missed a literary classic!! (yes, there's some worldreality swapping there, but it's all in fun :) and i think i'm making a point here, but maybe i'm just rambling) And just think what if they did find THE SILMARILLION and published it years later after they decided to raise the ban. We'd have all been lost!! (I still get lost in that one anyway)