Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 Service Release 3 is now available

Curious_Labs opened this issue on May 08, 2003 ยท 81 posts

hpdrag posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 5:25 AM

...and still the hair collision is unusable, freezes Poser most time and don't react on any cancel-click! And I'm using a high-end pc: a new (only for Poser) p4-3Ghz, 2 Gig Ram and 240 gig harddisks with XP Professional. WHAT PCs DID YOU USE TO TEST THIS?? It's hard to find a faster pc than this one! For now i'm very disappointed of this new patch, other bugs also seems to be untouched by any improvements. The dyn.-clothes still run into same 'back to the beginning'-state where it freezes, as it did without this patch; texture-jpgs suddenly cannot be found, nevertheless they ARE still at the same place; lights often 'forget' the angle-end setting when opening a poser-doc and so on... all the real bad bugs, that makes working with P5 to a pain are still in place. Or are these thought as 'features' to avoid bored users? Well, maybe i should be happy, that things aren't worse than before this patch! I would suggest that you at CL THROW AWAY ALL THE OLD MEMORY MANAGEMENT AND REWRITE IT FROM THE SCRATCH FINALLY. If you are not able to do so, ask here in the community; there are a lot of developers who are able to do this! Sorry, when i got somewhat rude, but P5 could be such a beautiful software, if it would have been programmed with more care... call it disappointed love... HP