Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Okay I want to know if you know.....how many good modelers....

SAMS3D opened this issue on May 13, 2003 ยท 50 posts

ockham posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 3:20 PM

Three overall comments: 1. The pie is -not- constant. At any point in any art or science, some people complain that "everything has already been invented". This type of thinking leads to the kind of anxious complaints you're receiving; people worry that one good product somehow "takes away" from another. But in fact there's always a new horizon, or a new branch of the art, yet to be discovered. 2. Sooner or later these unbalanced situations will reach a balance, when most people are charging for most of their work. "Free for the taking" can't last very long. 3. Don't worry about trying to fix the situation by changing your own values! The balance will happen on its own, because lots of other "builders" are making their own decisions, which will tend more toward charging for their work, and at the same time lots of "customers" are realizing that the only way to get good stuff is to pay for it. The transition is sort of uncomfortable, but the best way to make it happen properly is to look out for your own interests!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies