Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Okay I want to know if you know.....how many good modelers....

SAMS3D opened this issue on May 13, 2003 ยท 50 posts

Poppi posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 7:08 PM

Carolly hit it right on the head. there is a vast difference between having a hobby and enjoying it, and, hoping it will make you some money. if you want to use that hobby to make some money in these times...well, make something others want, instead of what is fun for you to make. i've seen wish lists, over and over, begging for some everyday vicki clothing. do i see alot of everyday vicki clothing for sale? nope. why???? 'cause so many who contribute to this cottage industry for profit still think they should reap profits off of what THEY want to make. the "creative artist" and the merchant need to meet in the middle. merchant should say to self....the crowd wants...x...and, there aren't many x's around. but the artist says...but, but, but...making little brown suits for middle aged corporate vicki...who has spread at the waist and sagged at the breast and ass....that is sooooo boring. i'd rather make temples, and temple accoutrements... okay, so vicki the middle aged cleaning lady, replete with cart, and, all the sprays and stuff that come with it may not feel "glamourous" if you are modelling it...but, someone might buy it. don't put a trip on the freestuff providers because you can't be innovative enough to scare up your own fresh american dollars. read the wish lists. granted, it is much more fun to model the likes of v3's morphing fantasy gown...but, is that what folks are clamboring for? Sharon...i am sorry these folks made you feel bad. you do real quality stuff...i even have a couple of your models. like samstherapy mentions...this has been done before, but, not as gently. Pop...Pop...Poppi!!!