Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Okay I want to know if you know.....how many good modelers....

SAMS3D opened this issue on May 13, 2003 ยท 50 posts

EsnRedshirt posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 10:15 PM

I do models, and I know I'm at least decent, if not pretty darn good (the cage above is actually a fully posable figure, btw.) The only reason I don't offer any for download is that I refuse to sell my soul to Geocities or have annoying pop-up ads intrude upon visitors to my website. If I did give them away, would I feel guilty about putting someone else out of a job? Hardly. I don't do this for a living; I share my talent because I want to; not only that, but I think making models is fun, and I wouldn't charge people for something that A) I built souly for myself, and B) I had fun making. Besides, this took a grand total of about an hour to make, including bones and texture setup. I'd feel I didn't earn it if I charged like $10 for it, and I'd feel petty if I charged like $1 for it. If I did offer it for download and someone thought I was hurting their business, well, tough. They should make a better figure with better features (it wouldn't be that difficult). I've noticed people who -do- spend money on poser props/figures tend to buy more than one similiar item- after all, you never know which rolling pin will be perfect for that next render- the old fashioned one or the modern one? ;)