Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Have any of the ladies done any make up tutorials?

SothArtist opened this issue on May 15, 2003 ยท 30 posts

queri posted Thu, 15 May 2003 at 9:33 AM

There are certain colors that go better with different tones of skin. Tones of skin tend to be bronze, peach, olive, pink, ivory. Pink lipsticks and eye makeup only accent the pink and ivory skins. Earthtones, turquoises, neutrals like greys and browns work well with the other skin tones. Put silver with pink, gold with earthy tones of skin. Generally pink is the major dividing line. I'm not a big fan of blue eyeshadow cause I have blue eyes and it can make my eyes look pallid. Does the opposite for black eyes, brown eyes, green eyes. I've never know anyone but clowns, mimes and showgirls in the last row who wear eyeshadow all the way up to the eyebrows, Eyeshadow, like all makeup, tones and contours the face, a light liner accents the eye, then two or three colors that are similar on the eye-- lighter usually on the lid to make it huge, a darker streak on the crease to deepen and maybe a brush of very light shimmer sear the temple or near the eyebrow, but not obvious. I'm assuming anyone can do Gothic eyes, which can range in smokey colors from black to indigo to red to purple. That's the only case where the eyes are heavily outlined. For reasearch pick up a slew of Mademoiselle, Seventeen, Cosmo magazines. They always have make overs in them and a huge amount of makeup ads which have closeups of this season's makeup. Me, I don't wear it anymore. Emily