Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Have any of the ladies done any make up tutorials?

SothArtist opened this issue on May 15, 2003 ยท 30 posts

RealitysPoison posted Thu, 15 May 2003 at 10:43 AM

Ask a question, get a thousand answers...lol We all wear our makeup slightly tailored to what we like, what our face shape is, what we want to accentuate/hide, etc. I actually slightly disagree about the makeup up to the eyebrows. I do this, but it involves softer and multiple shades. A light shade that is in the same color family, but is not harsh just under the brow will lighten my eyes. When I usually wear makeup, it consists of A small, smoky-brown sweep where the liner usually goes, a deep shade on the lid, and a light taupish/white shadow to hilight under my brows. The shadow under the brow is not obvious unless you are close up, but it immediately changes the look. Then for drama, you can add a deeper color in the creases. Other occasions get similar treatment, only slightly different colors. After two hours agonizing before my wedding, I chose wine colors. Never wore them before, but as my dress was simple, I wanted to really play up my eyes, (And it matched my husband's shirt, so there to people who say you shouldn't match things. lol) And I must say, I looked pretty damn good...:D Most of us have one area we concentrate on. I play up my eyes. I have really deep brown eyes, so accentuating them gives me what my hubby calls bedroom eyes. I leave my mouth alone, or just apply a light gloss. People seem to like it how it is, and I just never recognize myself with dark lipstick on. And we pick up tricks along the way as to how to apply our blush, etc. I use a light sweep of a light bronze stick down the center of my nose. Picked this up from my modeling days. If I use the right color, that catches the light and makes my nose look thinner. (slightly) Styles come and go. Picking up any women/fashion oriented magazine will give you a good start. When I was in my late teens, early twenties, I did all my experimenting. Now I pretty much stick to tried and true with a little change here and there each time. Every now and then, I will pick up a new color just for kicks and giggles and see how it works. Everything is an experiment.