Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Just need to ask this here....opinions really needed.

SAMS3D opened this issue on May 13, 2003 ยท 14 posts

animemeken posted Sat, 17 May 2003 at 7:44 PM

Ironic how the answer to your free historical models conundrum can be found by diving into some historical US court cases :P (okay, so different eras completely, just work with me here). I can't recall the case name, or the naems of the parties involved, but here's a summary. The gov't of some state (New York?) gave a permit to a bridge company to build a toll bridge over a particular river. A few years later, the gov't contracted another company to build a bridge about 100 feet down. This bridge was not a toll bridge, however, but completely free. Now, obviously, Company A was pissed that Company B was building a free bridge, so no one in their right mind would use their own toll bridge. They took it to the supreme court, trying to close Bridge B. The supreme court, however, decided that competition benefits EVERYONE, and that the individual greeds and wealths of company A only benefited company A. And there in lies your answer. If the competition's product isn't good enought to warrant paying for, or their marketing strategy is unprofitable, then they will flounder. That's competition. That's capitalism. Love it or hate it, immoral or not, that's how it works. My 2 cents, don't spend them all in one place.