Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

FiXato posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 3:17 PM

Just some ideas: Make it possible to post 'Projects' this could save up the number of images on the frontpage of the galleries. What do i mean with Projects? well, one could set up a project in which his WiPs are all located and where he can upload multiple versions and angles from one work. This way his work gets more organised and allows him to show more diversity of his image without flooding the frontpage. Since you have to select one of the image as 'cover' for the project. One image that you think is the best from teh project and which can be shown in the gallery-index. Or of course one could also select 'random' to have a random image represent the project. another option could be that you may post more (3 would be fine) images a day, but that only one of them gets shown on the index, decreasing the 'flooding' by a third... Of course this image can be set random or static just as in my 'project'-suggestion. My vote would be to keep it the same with some size restrictions (maybe use the PHP-graphics library to have it automatically scaled down if too big ?) and if the outcome of this poll is that we are limited to only one a day or even worse, one a week (in which case I would probably leave this community for another) then there should be a special 'master class' section for those whiners who think their images gets drowned and a 'normal/novice' section for the ones that don't care...