Forum: OT

Subject: Racial Slur

nakamuram opened this issue on May 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

EvoShandor posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 1:58 PM

nukem: "When SARS broke out in my city, little kids shouted taunts and were throwing rocks at the homes of quarantined Asian families. And then there were the jokes sometimes outright open hostility. Asian families were suffering, some even losing multiple family members from the virus... " Are you somehow comparing my attempt at some humor to "throwing rocks at...Asian Families" ? Or are you saying that because these hositilities takes place, that I would be wise to reconsider making light of the ever so obvious hypersensitivity to semantic nuances. I was merely attempting to illustrate that point, obviously misunderstood. The truth is, it doesn't matter to me if you are the target of ethnic/racial slurs in your daily life. You aren't special for that reason. Everyone on earth is somebodys else's target. That is the truth, and its a part of human nature. Get used to it, and learn to laugh at yourself. Evo The overweight, clumsy, podunk, round-eyed, cracker-lookin, honky-tonk, white-boy behind the screen. P.S. I'm not trying to begin a any sort of strife on either of our parts to be publicly regarded as "right".