Forum: OT

Subject: Racial Slur

nakamuram opened this issue on May 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

BeatYourSoul posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 1:55 AM

Right, as an interpreter for MI. But none of the J-A combat soldiers were sent to the Pacific. This may have been for several reasons: confusion during battle may have had other American units fighting the 442nd or there may have been a fear (however misplaced) that they wouldn't fight well or 'turn-coat'. The specific reasons, I donot know, but I have heard this more than a few times about this unit. It is rather ironic. You have to remember that in the case of many Americans of Germanic descent, their descendants had been here for some time - even as far back as the original colonists. Pennsylvania Dutch, for instance. New York was New Amsterdam before. Etcetera. :) As for Italians, well they weren't a threat anyways! (Before someone cries "Racist!", I'm Italian on my mother's side - Paradisi. I've got the nose to prove it. Yo, is dat Italian enough for ya.) ;) IMHO, everybody is dirty during war. Look at the latest, Iraq. There's much dirt not being publicized, even for a war as short as this. And we know about the chaos that still ensues since the war's end. I thought we were bringing "democracy" to Iraq, not anarchy. BYS