Forum: OT

Subject: Racial Slur

nakamuram opened this issue on May 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

dalelaroy posted Sat, 24 May 2003 at 2:55 AM

"I don't consider yours or anyone else's laughing at Japanese (or anyone elses) racial sterotypes to be racist. However in listing the qualities of our race, you left out the glasses and the diminutive penis." Oops, forgot the glasses, as well as that Japanese condoms are smaller (and more reliable) than American condoms. Being racist is not necessarily bad, but can definitely be humorous. A black woman that I lived with did everything "because she was black". She liked cornbread because she was black. She liked fried chicken because she was black. She liked shrimp because she was black. She liked watermelon because she was black. She vacuumed in the nude because she was black. Oops, scratch that last one, she never claimed that particular behavior was because she was black. Of course, while I am white, I also like corn bread, fried chicken, shrimp, and watermelon, yet it took me a long time to convince her that she enjoyed these things simply because they were good, and that attributing this to her being black was racist. "Shame on you! For pennance, you must watch every episode of "Son-of-the-Beach" and the "Married with Children Episode" where Pat Morita guest starred as Marcie's boss." Pennance? I tried to never miss "Son-of-the-Beach", and I would never pass up a show with Pat Morita in it, even an episode of "The Hughleys". Scratch that, I watch "The Hughleys" fairly often just for Elise Neal, but I would watch for Pat Morita even without Elise Neal. Dale LaRoy Splitstone