Forum: Photoshop

Subject: how do i get non pixelated text

k3sh opened this issue on May 27, 2003 ยท 8 posts

GODspeed posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 2:04 PM

dang...svdf beat me to saying it... yes hes is right though... when you type out a text line in PhotoShop it is vector. Only when you flatten the image will the text become a raster graphic. He was also correct on how to correct ths problem. 72 DPI is for webgraphics only. if you have a picture that you want to print for framing, or just to look good... 250-300 dpi is the LEAST you can make it. 600 DPI is crisp and clear, unfortunatly that means Extreme file size as well as your cpu possibly going BOOM... most output ceters(business that print images, ect) usually love the 300 dpi image... now heres the thing.... if you have a 8x10 @ 72 dpi and yu add text to it then bump it to 300 dpi.... lol if you hate pixels then.. youll hate this worse. my suggestion is, start an image from scratch... 300 dpi then.. finish it... print it out and waa laa... another thing... after you do all of this... it might still be pixeled.... then this is your Printers fault. take your image to Kincos... Office Depot... Copy Max... Office max... or anywhere they do printing... then youll get a clean cut image... i have alot of students that have this problem.... output centers always fix it though.