Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Beta Testers Needed: Free Web Hosting

JABevan opened this issue on May 26, 2003 ยท 29 posts

JABevan posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 8:49 PM

I thought the following was a fair question and chose to post it: On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 09:39 PM, Eric Torstenson wrote: Great! One last question before I send you all the info. If you register the name, do you own the domain name (and are leasing it to me for $15 a year) or do you configure it and hand the access over to me afterward? xxxxx Reply: No, absolutely not. Domain names have been, by far (!), the number one support issue I've faced. A couple of years ago I started offering domain registration / administration to minimize the support hassles. Although I, technically, have control of the domain, you retain full rights and ownership of the domain and I list your contact information under the ownership in the WHOIS directory. I am listed as the billing, technical, and administrative contacts. If at any time you would like to transfer your domain to another registrar or to your own account, I do this immediately, no questions asked. I've had customers transfer their hosting away from me and choose to keep their domains with me. If you'd like references I'd be more than happy to send you a few email addresses. Hope this helps. JAB*