Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Finally did the Daz deed

SothArtist opened this issue on Jun 03, 2003 ยท 10 posts

Mock posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 8:01 AM

50% of the sales just wouldn't make up for the time and effort put in the products. I disagree its a matter of volume, when you buy something at the Daz Platinum section do you ever buy just one thing? Not me if Im going to break out my credit card its most likely Ill make it worth the effort but not at 5 bucks a pop but at 1.99 sure why not. 50% of 2 dollars is a lot more than 50% of nothing, the good thing about marketing 3D models is that once the item is made you can copy it exponentially no manufacturing involved. Its not like I have to pay for materials and labor so if a model stops selling for $9.95 then stops selling at $5.00 may be itll sell at $1.99. The good thing for Renderosity is that most purchases will not be $1.99 for one item but multiple items at $1.99 each. look at it this way there are many items in the market place that dont sell at 5 dollars and though Renderosity has taken steps to root out non sellers and introduced the warehouse the min is still 5.00 and Im sorry that just dont look like a bargain.