Forum: Fractals

Subject: Discussion Topic: Traditional vs. Non-Trad Fractal Art

Rosemaryr opened this issue on May 22, 2003 ยท 18 posts

marcusbacus posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 10:10 PM

When it's time to hang something on my walls, I also tend to not use the "classic" things. I have a few images on my computer room, and a few in my living room, and just 2 out of perhaps 10 are "classic" images or can be recognized as fractals (one person only actually saw one and said "oh a fractal!"). When it's time for hanging on someone else's walls or something else, I've noticed that the chosen images are always the most classical images. I was even surprised how much one of my simple Mandelbrot zoom-in images was so well received. When I first start making my "non-traditional" images, after some time I also got bored with them as much as I am bored with spirals now (even though spirals is all I could do lately...), and I came back to the old Julias. I think that the fact of watching not only our images but a lot of other images made by several different people with different tastes and styles and "levels of quality" so to speak (about 100 new images daily, if we follow the UF list and other fractal lists and newsgroups? Perhaps much more than that) can cause a feel of "deja-vu" on almost every image, be it our creation or not. 99% of the times I make a spiral, I say "it was probably done sometime in the past", but I go ahead and finish it anyway.