Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Soon to be free V3 character and texture - need distribution input

FyreSpiryt opened this issue on Jun 09, 2003 ยท 20 posts

FyreSpiryt posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 7:01 AM

The body is 2000 X 2666, the head is 2942 X 2000, the eye is 1000 X 1000, teeth 1000 x 1000, and transmap 1024 x 1024. I messed around with JPG compression this morning, and I've theoretically got the total file size down to 5 or 6 megs without a noticeable loss in quality. (On the upside, I found an error in the bump map while I was playing. I didn't think those shoulder seams were right. ^_~) I still need to render with those versions to make sure they still look fine. Assuming they're OK, from there I think I can put the body tex and bump into 1 zip, the head into another, and the rest into a third and be between 1 and 2 megs per download. I'll just set up a product page and also have a single full zip available for those on high-speed connections. Luckily, hosting is not a problem. I've got webspace, and I'm supposed to have unlimited bandwidth. I haven't gotten to the point were they complain yet, so I'm not too worried. Thank you all so much for your compliments! I'm glad you like her! I still need to put together support files (INJ, REM, and MAT), but I hope to have her up later this week. :)