Forum: Vue

Subject: * * * GREAT NEWS * * *

gebe opened this issue on Jun 16, 2003 ยท 44 posts

casamerica posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 4:30 PM

I'm sure they mean that you only need Poser 5 if you care to use the import capabillities.<<<

I did mean to imply that Mover 4.2 would require Poser 5 to simply work. But if future versions of Mover are only going to support Poser 5 for importing Poser animations then I and I am sure many are finished with it.

I think that some people might not be aware that Vue and Mover are two separate products.<<<

I am aware of that.

Mover is just for importing animations, and if you use Poser 4, just stick with the current version (but you can still upgrade Vue).<<<

I am also aware that Mover is for importing animations. I am questioning why eon would abandon all those who have "issues" with the "controversial" Poser 5 when Poser 4 has been and still is a reliable and stable platform for Mover imports. It does not make sense.

Most of the work I have done with Poser/Vue has been forensic related. While I am sure the current version of Mover will suffice for the near future, I am just saddened that a program, Vue-Mover, I truly, truly love has cutoff those loyal users who refuse to "experiment" any further with a version of Poser that is so far below the quality and stability of Vue-Mover that it is laughable.

I am not questioning anyone's decision to use Poser 5 and am not going to get into a Poser 5 debate. It is just that I had been operating under the assumption, since there IS a great deal of "controversy" with Poser 5, that any future support for Poser 5 in Vue/Mover would be in addition to continuing support for Poser 4 and Poser 4 PP. I was apparently wrong.

Take care, be well, keep flying.

casamerica