Forum: Community Center

Subject: How about a modelling gallery?

BazC opened this issue on Jun 25, 2003 ยท 42 posts

Sue88 posted Fri, 27 June 2003 at 8:18 AM

When I first read the suggestion, I had the same thought as Kaibach: There is already a Modeling category. Then I went and looked at it and I was quite surprised to see all kinds of pictures there, which - in my mind - had nothing to do with modeling. Now, after reading this thread, I find that I agree with dialyn and the others: It would be a good idea to change things a bit and have Modeling as a topic, not a genre. I also agree that there are too many categories in the galleries. I think one of the problems with that is that you can only choose one topic and one genre. I think it would be much more useful if you could choose several options at the same time. The way it is now, I either choose All for both, or choose one topic and choose All. Otherwise I might miss some pictures that I would be interested in. This way, though, I am forced to wade through a huge amount of pictures I am not interested in. I have a limited time to browse the galleries, and that limited time would be much better spent if I could enable all the categories that interest me, but screen out the ones that don't. Back to a modeling gallery: now I think that it would be interesting to see modelers' meshes. I think we could all learn from that.