Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Platinum Club at Daz membership change ATTN ANYONE FROM DAZ

nyguy opened this issue on Jul 03, 2003 ยท 144 posts

ChuckEvans posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 11:30 AM

Well, I hate to "go opposite" of the majority of the posts here but let's not forget something: DAZ, more than any other company, energized the Poser community with HIGH-quality LOW-cost products. Maybe some have forgotten the prices that some companys charged for their products. (once in a while, I see someone post a picture of, say, a baseball that sold for $50 or so!) Also, the Platinum Club is NOT something you are owed. NOT something they MUST offer. I haven't done any calculations (other than reading the above) but what I have read doesn't seem so bad. Personally, I can't understand the complaint about being charged monthly as opposed to people wanting to be charged all at once. If you can't pay off your balance on your credit card each month (anyway), then you wind up paying more interest from a large charge at the beginning of the year (that you can't pay off) than if you got a charge added each month. Do some math. Perhaps DAZ should just cancel the Platinum Club. Then you could really whine! I realize a lot of people don't have the money to buy the 3D products they want to buy. If you are a hobbyist like me, then you need to weigh your money against your desires. I'll have to do that soon, as well (since the government has decided it's better to discard me and hire a contractor in my place). But, I think DAZ does a good job of balancing their business (and profits) while making products affordable to us common types. A DAMN good job!