Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: NEED HELP re: POSER DOWNLOADING/LIBRARIES

madkat opened this issue on Jul 04, 2003 ยท 10 posts

madkat posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 4:11 PM

Okay I think I have the basic idea about not moving files between the major folders. Every in the FIGURES folder stays in that folder, etc. I thought the FIGURES folder contained all characters/figures and the clothing for them. But now I see it also considers some objects to be figures (which I would have moved to props till you guys explained). And any .jpg files that come in the zips need to go under CURIOUS LABS-POSER 5-RUNTIME-MATERIALS or is it TEXTURES? Q Can I go into the FIGURES folder and take the contents of, say, !!ANIMALS and ANIMALS and DAZ ANIMALS and put them all into a folder called ANIMALS? Can I take various MIKE clothing and combine into a single folder? Q2 Also can I take the stuff that is in FIGURES-RUNTIME-LIBRARIES-FIGURES and just have them all in FIGURES? And can I move stuff under DOWNLOADS likewise in the main folders? Q3 I have POSER 5....do POSER 4 models get downloaded into CURIOUS LABS-POSER 5 or POSER 4? Can I use POSER 5 items like props or clothing on a POSER 4 figure? Hope I'm not confusing you. Thanks for the help, you've saved me from getting everything all screwed up. That manual is definitely not for a complete beginner. MADKAT