Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: help a newbie with Mimic

ajvelez opened this issue on Jul 02, 2003 ยท 10 posts

Lawndart posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 4:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3-AXIS.com

Yup... Me and my partner used Poser, Mimic and Lightwave to create a music video for BET. It was tricky because Mimic interpolates all the sounds in the sound file. You can't just let mimic create the animation from the recorded song. If you do this you will get the mouth reacting to all the sounds. Can't you just see it? A mouth moving to the sound of a saxaphone. How did we get around this? I thought you would never ask. :) 1. I learned the song enough to say the words 2. I sat in front of a microphone with a pair of headphones on. The words were also in front of me. 3. Played the song in the headphones while recording my voice clearly saying (not singing) the words in sync with the song. > By doing this I got a clean (voice only) recording of the words to the song with the correct timing for the words. 4. I created the mimic animation using the clean voice recording. > Now the song and the animated character sync up perfectly with good mouth movement for the character. All the best, Joe www.3-AXIS.com