Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WTF??? whats this place coming to?

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jul 03, 2003 ยท 186 posts

lmckenzie posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 9:27 PM

"not just a nudity filter, but an X rated filter" Great idea - until I thought of the row that would ensue as people argued over what constituted X rated and there we go again. I didn't get to see the original image but I'm sure that Insomniaworks read the TOS as advised and followed it. If that is the case, then the image was pulled, not because it was a violation, but because a few people raised enough of a stink about it. That's cool, they have a right to complain. But, when you start trying to avoid anything that offends anyone, you would end up with nothing but black squares - except someone would complain and want white. On a mercifully lighter note, many years ago there was a layout on painted vulvas in some fine publication. There was a great Castro, complete with beard and a Black model sported a scowling Mr. T. Sports Illustrated had a painted on swimsuit layout a few years ago. The female star of the new Pirated of the Caribbean described spending 45 minutes a day having cleavage painted on her less than ample chest.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken