Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WTF??? whats this place coming to?

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jul 03, 2003 ยท 186 posts

Kendra posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 10:22 AM

You have to consider the source. Look up the source in this thread and you'll see that insult was the objective.

Now that doesn't mean people have to take it as an offense, by no means. But that doesn't change the fact that it's, originally, a lack of respect no matter how you spin it.
My comment was a statement of fact. There is a lack of respect on many levels in this thread. Taking something public that could have been dealt with privately is one (although the image didn't belong, should have been pulled and I understand the outrage). Calling names (childish as it is) is another. Berating people who would like the nudity filter, something this site provides and people are used to having, used is yet another popular disrespect people exercise without thinking.

Everyone wants their way or the highway. But you have to consider Renderosity's position. Isn't the age for joining around 14? That means they have to keep around a Pg13 type of "rating" or content. Most of the gallery goes beyond that but despite the fact that the parents are the ones who should decide and control if their teens participate, Renderosity can't just jump to an X without a front page warning. And since R'osity has established a certain "rating" of a sort, people expect that. Originally it was said no nudity in product thumbnails (at least when I first logged on), that has changed and as long as the filter is used properly shouldn't be a problem. Simple nudity has become more accepted but graphic sexual nudity, if I understand the image Blackhearted described, is not suited here and someone complaining of such shouldn't be hounded for it. Banner ads we have no choice in and shouldn't contain the nudity I've seen lately without the option to filter it. And none of this has to do with anyone being a "prude" but rather wanting consistancy with the rating of content that this site has already established.

...... Kendra