Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Confused about pirated products sold on the 'sity.

pdxjims opened this issue on Jul 08, 2003 ยท 48 posts

ookami posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 8:38 PM

Attached Link: http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-1013154.html?tag=cd_mh

Darkmatter... I'm a little confused by what you say applies to industry and not private persons.... if it's concerning who can enforce they're rights as a copyright holder... it's best you actually READ the body of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). It allows ANY copyright holder to get a "subpoena" to obtain information about "suspected" violators. I'm not really confused over how you insulted me, displaying your own obvious ignorance of the DMCA. See the attached link for an article on the lastest ruling against an ISP (Verizon), who didn't want to hand out user information without a court order. Here's a exerpt... "Unlike ordinary "John Doe" subpoenas, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) allows copyright holders to subpoena information without first seeking a judge's blessing, making it an easier and cheaper method for tracking down alleged copyright infringers..." Probably best to get your facts straight and do a little research before insulting someone. Enough said.