Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser price

dontbotherme opened this issue on Jul 10, 2003 ยท 7 posts

Paulinenoo posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 3:48 PM

This was my first purchase ever of Poser. It certainly has not endeared me to Curious Labs. I paid 499 euros plus 15 for shipping a couple of weeks ago. No wonder I felt disgruntled when I saw the full version of Poser 5 selling at Amazon.com a day or so later for $139 the price having yo yoed from $349 the day I decided to purchase it.

Curious Labs say it's for the USA distribution only and that is their response. They seem indifferent to appeasing a possible long term customer. In the UK customer relations normally refund a price difference if you can find the product available elsewhere at a lower price.

I wouldn't mind having paid the full price so much if the manual was up to scratch. Fortunately I can see the potential of the product and am sure that most of the problems I'm experiencing are due to user inexperience on my part.

I can see that people have created fantastic artwork and I hope one day to be able to do that too. Ultimately the price will be immaterial if I can crack this and get the results I want. I can see I'm going to be asking lots of questions......