Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: So, you want my money

lalverson opened this issue on Jul 13, 2003 ยท 16 posts

pendarian posted Sun, 13 July 2003 at 2:41 AM

A very good post Lee :) I can think of several other things to add to that. Rsr's....they are a necessity for a P4 user and if your product says that it's P4 4.03 compatible and you don't have rsr's in your file list then it's not compatible. I shouldn't have to do anything to your product to get it to work before I install it. Little shrugging guys in my libraries don't make me want to purchase from you again. Same goes with version errors in your products. No excuse for them. None, zero, zip, nada....if your testers are telling you things are ready and you have those version errors when someone uses your package for the first time, you either better make sure that someone is testing in Poser 4.03 and if they are; then different beta testers are in order. Easy fix yes...but if I spend money on an item, then I shouldn't even have to worry about it. Expect an IM from me if I purchase your product and find them there. I shouldn't have to fix them, you should :) You don't and I won't buy from you again, because that tells me that you really don't want my money :) Those are two pet peeves of mine :) I'm a merchant also, just starting out, so I know that those things I speak of are very little and easy things to do for the customer. :) but MAJOR PITA's for the customer to have to do them themselves and they shouldn't have too, they paid you/us/them for the product to be 100% right. I like Lee, spend a lot of money every month on Poser. Sometimes more then what he spends. I'm scared to add it up, because I figure I'll go screaming into the night if I do....everything he said in his post is pretty much spot on, the only thing I don't agree with is the rendering. Not everyone has time to render with what they sell, I sure haven't lately anyway LOL!!! But that doesn't mean I don't believe in my product. If I didn't believe in it, I wouldn't sell it :) People are talking about things being tight, prices are too low, it is kinda scary that's for sure, I'm just starting out and I can see it too...but maybe the good that will come from this is that quality will increase in order to stay ahead of the competition. :) Not saying that quality isn't already there, but we can all always improve right? I for one am going to print Lee's list out and put it on my bulletin board and do my best to follow what he has laid out. Sounds like he has a pretty good blueprint :) Thanks Lee :) Pendy