Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So, you want my money

lalverson opened this issue on Jul 13, 2003 ยท 43 posts

FishNose posted Sun, 13 July 2003 at 5:26 AM

What the man said! I agree with all of this, almost 100%. Also been around since forever, buy wayyyyy too much stuff, am totally addicted. One difference: I'm a family man with way too little time, I have to squeeze in a bit of poser between driving kids to summer camp, fixing our old house, shopping for new fridge, music interests, fixing summer house, relatives, own company..... arrrggghh.... but addicted just the same. In the last 4 days I have spent nearly $80. Nuts. But apart from what has already been said, I would add a specific detail: one that means a lot. And that is: Presentation. When a merchant presents a new product, the care put into the presentation means a LOT. Are the renders GOOD? Are the details about the product all there? Has the person bothered to SPELL CHECK? (Don't give me nonsense about you can't spell/are dyslexic or you're not English speaking - if so, ask somebody else to help out, simple!) Care about the details. That shows you care about the quality of the product too. Then I have more reason to trust you. Simple logic. Price does matter - a texture set for clothing these days goes for 5-6 bucks. A new V2 character I can maybe pay up to 12-13 bucks for. Hair, mmm... these's so much good free hair, and now even in DAZ PC. So keep the price down. A car, a tree, a space ship - why should I pay $40? LOL! Poses - 30 for $5, that's where we are today. Clothes - never over $10, uh-uh. It's a buyers market now, NOT a seller's market like it was several years ago when V2 was released. My wishlist is looooooong, and it sits there and waits for the products' prices to drop. Then I might hit the 'Add to cart' button. You wanna see good presentation and good prices for good stuff? Go look at Runtime DNA, go look at DAZ PC. Then reconsider what you're asking and how you look. There are some merchants here that are real pros at presentation, really know how. And many who don't have a clue. As I've said before - it's my money, convince me to spend it. I'm willing to, but it's up to you. :] Fish