Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So, you want my money

lalverson opened this issue on Jul 13, 2003 ยท 43 posts

Migal posted Sun, 13 July 2003 at 7:03 AM

I'm rather simple, I think. If I like the way it looks, I'll buy it, unless I see the price as insane. I will pay up to forty bucks for clothes, hair or a character texture (they better be nice). There is an exception: I'd pay at least fifty dollars for Koz's 2003 hair models, but as we all know, I don't have to do that. If BAT makes a V1/V2/Steph outfit, I will purchase it no matter what it looks like, simply because of all the free items he's given away. And I'd pay a lot more than he's asking. I'll do the same when ISOP starts selling. Likewise, should Yamato or Maya ever become vendors.

I thought V3 and her packs were a steal with all the Platinum Club discounts. I also like separate clothing textures, but I don't like paying more than ten bills for them. My main weakness is Pose packs. I buy the things constantly. There's nothing I love as much as slapping a couple hundred poses on a character in about fifteen minutes. I'm a pose pack addict, which is ridiculous because I could make them myself in much less time than I typically spend on a project. I'm just lazy about posing.

My one pet peeve is clothing models that are V3-only. Nine times out of ten, I'll pass on it, unless it is ridiculously inexpensive, such as when PhilC offers a new outfit. Yes, this means I have none of the V3 clothes available at DAZ. I don't mind paying more for clothes that work with all the mil girls. I know the modeler probably had to re-cut the thing and make different JP.