Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So, you want my money

lalverson opened this issue on Jul 13, 2003 ยท 43 posts

Marque posted Sun, 13 July 2003 at 9:32 AM

When I use a free item commercially the original artist gets the credit for the item, not me. There are folks out there who steal everything, free or market items, just putting not for commercial use doesn't stop that from happening. This is why, unless I have contacted the original creator and gotten permission in advance, I will normally not bother downloading not for commercial use items. And if I find that an item I have bought has a readme in it that states you can't use it commercially and that readme isn't available unless you buy the item, I will request a refund. There are lots of folks out there who just do renders for their own personal use, or just because they like doing the art whether or not they ever show it off, but some of us don't have the time to model or texture, we just want to get a job done as fast as possible and that's one reason the market for poser items has grown. If you want to sell it, make it's usage clear, through undoctored pics and a clear explanation of what is with the product. Remember Usagi? (hope that's the right spelling). I bought the original morph but declined to buy the rest because what was with each package was really unclear and I had no idea what I would actually be getting for my money. lalverson is right, if you don't know how to set up your ad or you english isn't your primary language get someone to help you, there are lots of folks here who would be willing. I would find someone who really knows their stuff and offer them a copy of the model as payment for doing the ad. Marque