Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Confused about pirated products sold on the 'sity.

pdxjims opened this issue on Jul 08, 2003 ยท 48 posts

FyreSpiryt posted Sun, 13 July 2003 at 11:16 AM

Connatic, go ahead and toss me on that "No Buy" list too, huh? If the planets ever align and the moons of Jupiter cross just right, causing me to lose my mind and sell my work, I don't want you buying it anyway. I don't want to be blackmailed into kowtowing to your every wish for the slight possibility for a $5 sale, OK? All right, now that I've got that off my chest, let me try to douse the flame I just started. Conn, I understand your anger and frustration. And, I too have a personal "No Buy" list. However, running around slapping anyone who disagrees with your with it just isn't helping and it isn't getting you or your cause any sympathy, all right? OK, now, that aside, let me reiterate what I think people are saying they want. 1) We want Renderosity to improve their merchant contract so that if an item is permanently removed due to possible copyright infringement, the vendor does not get any pending payment for it. This punishs the potential pirate (they don't get paid) and removes some of the incentive. 2) We want some form of disincentive for piracy. 3) We want stronger penalties when these issues come up. 4) We want a better refund policy. Or perhaps just better PR towards the current one. It just seems that we want to know that we can get our money back from Renderosity if we can't get to a suitable arrangement from the vendor, rather than just hearing "sorry, not our problem". In this case, I'd argue that it's purely academic as to whether they're legally required or not. It's just good customer service.