Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So, you want my money

lalverson opened this issue on Jul 13, 2003 ยท 43 posts

maclean posted Sun, 13 July 2003 at 2:31 PM

A couple of other points here are interesting in a quirky way. Several people have mentioned that Freestuff add-ons act as an incentive to buy. I know everyone has a different opinion, but I've seen lots of complaints in the past about Freestuff items that require you to purchase something in order to be able to use them. ??? Oh well, you can't please all of the people all of the time.... The other point is rendering power/usability. This is a very under-rated factor, and one that I've just been testing in my current project. I was saving .pz3 files of various combinations of rooms, walls, doors and windows, (all with textures), to see what was what. An average setup with 2 rooms and 4 doors/windows comes out at around 3Mb, which isn't bad. I made a point of keeping the poly count down as much as possible when I built the stuff, since this is the kind of package where people will add a lot of figures, so I'm happy that it works. I also found that with up to 20 figures, Poser is still faster than with 1 vicki 3. LOL. The problem is, how do I explain that to people? How do you objectively rate and demonstrate that kind of thing? I have no idea. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm listening. mac