Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So, you want my money

lalverson opened this issue on Jul 13, 2003 ยท 43 posts

JohnRender posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 11:36 AM

Not to get off-topic... {Quality versus Quantity. "30 poses for $5" yeah, but whose poses? Are they really worth it? } Um, no, not really. With the exception of a few pose-masters, most of the "discount poses" have problems. For example, some poses may include the moprh channels and change the shape of your character or they may have facial settings that change the expressions or the hip zTrans and xTrans settings may be off to one side. These aren't things that would cause it to fail testing, but they are annoying. One point that hasn't been brought up: what about the restrictive-ness of the product? People laugh at the prices that TurboSquid charges, but let's face it: those models are 100% yours... you can purchase the products and use it in any renders (commercial, non-commerical, public, private, whatever). Too many of the items here have their own set of restrictions: "You may only use this product on every-other-Thursday and only when I give you permission. Any render with this product must include a posting of copy of the receipt of when you purchased the product so I know you aren't using a warez copy. All renders must include a link back to my store so everyone in the world will know you bought MY product. No, the render isn't about your artwork, it's about how you show off MY product." Okay, maybe that's a bit much, but you get the point: why spend money on a product that has so many restrictions? And let's not forget the highly-restrictive EULA for DAZ's Anna-Marie Goddard character. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any renders of that character since it came out. I wonder why...