Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Politically correct help needed

Ghostofmacbeth opened this issue on Jul 14, 2003 ยท 50 posts

Mason posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 6:12 PM

Well is it necessary to use the term "black" at all? If it was a caucasian skin texture would you feel the need to call it "caucasian Cathy" or some such name? I've noticed this tendency with people who come up with black or other ethnic super hero characters. They always try to incorporate the ethniticity into the name like Asian Avenger or Dark Power etc. yet this is never done with white characters. maybe you just don't need to make any reference to race at all. Just use the same naming scheme as you would with a caucasian texture. As an aside I abhore PC. I drink black coffee on an oriental rug and seperate my whites and coloreds. PC is actually not a media buzz word as some people think. It was created by the Soviet Communist party in the 30s and 40s. The party asked themselves what's the biggest obstacle to spreading communism. Their answer was western capitalism and individuality. There solution was to come up with a series of "correcting" laws, punishments and social rules designed to punish people with anti-government thought, actions or words. Since they didn't have the power to simply jail everyone, they instead incorporated programs designed to shame and punish in round about ways. Casto adopted PC when he assumed power. Cuba is a fairly PC country. Everyone loves Cuba, just ask the citizens. Of course if they say otherwise they can be fined, jailed, harrassed etc. PC is a lot more political than most people know.