Forum: Writers

Subject: Maximum Word Length in the Galleries

Cerpher opened this issue on Jul 14, 2003 ยท 18 posts

Cerpher posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 11:35 PM

Yeah it's 15,000. I don't know if that's words or characters, but I've uploaded 3 stories today one of which had to be over 15,000 characters, but was under 15,000 words. Also about the break up thing; Although it's nice to have it broken up so people can read it in sections I feel the 3 uploads per day makes it hard to upload a story at 15,000 words a shot. Plus it would fill up your gallery very fast and I've noticed people only usually look at the first page of your gallery, whether it be art or writing, unless they REALLY like your work. I dont think Renderosity should make an exception for us on the upload limit even though it's text and not images, but perhaps in the future we can slowly increase the number of wrods available to upload. As well as remove the need of a "filler" image when uploading text. (I got an "Image no found" error when I tried uploading text without an image.) For a note in case people were wondering: Short Story: 7,500 Words Novelett: 7,500 to 17,500 Words Novella: 17,500 to 40,000 Words Novel: 40,000 Words and up. This information was provided by Harlen Ellison through one of his many works and I trust it to be correct.