Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hello everyone I'm new (want to see a picture?)

pus ghetty opened this issue on Jun 29, 2000 ยท 38 posts

Larry F posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 2:21 AM

This entire thread is interesting to me, especially the watermarking part with Digimarc. Just today I registered with Digimarc, got the 1-999 pictures option plus the Spider option FINALLY putting up a website shortly and years ago had a bad expeerience with copyright infringement. At any rate, testing out the Digimarc watermarking in Paint Shop Pro 6 (PSP6), I found that the watermark seems not to take on some images. On some of the JPEGs, when the image was saved after embedding the watermark and then reloading, some of them had the watermark and some didn't. At least, PSP6 would say "No watermark wsa found on this image" when read watermark was checked. I did think I saw that embed watermark option was grayed out on gifs, but if the image wsa converted to jpeg, or even if the color count was bumped up to 16.7 million colors then the embed and read watermark options would be available. It seems that on SOME of these images (and others) the watermark could be embedded and when saved again as a gif, it -- the watermark -- would not be visible, i.e., "No watermark was found", but if the image was converted to jpeg the watermark could be read -- sometimes! I find this interesting in that there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it, i.e., why some images would have the watermark and others would not. Of course, it may very well be some very obvious detail I am overlooking. Anyone have any guidance on this? Also, it seems that .bmp images, no matter what their color count, would all have the watermark read after saving and reloading.