Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I am frustrated with poser!!!!!!

cryodragon opened this issue on Jul 18, 2003 ยท 12 posts

lesbentley posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 6:53 AM

Whilst Poser 4 does have its shortcomings, I wonder you are being a little unfair on it here, understandable perhaps considering the problems you have experienced, but I wonder if this really is Posers fault. As PhilC and Stewer, pointed out some specific information might help us to help you. Can you load the default figures from the Figures pallet? Can you load props from the Prop Types pallet? Can you import a Wavefront Object (*.obj) via; File>Import> Wavefront OBJ? If you can do these things then there is probably nothing wrong with Poser, and the problem is with the installation of the additional figures and props. If you cant do these things then there most likely is a serious problem with your Poser instillation. In that case the first thing to try is an uninstall/reinstall of Poser. If you still have problems after a reinstall you should contact Curious Labs for technical support. One last thought. Where did you get your Poser 4 from? If I remember correctly there was a trial version of Poser 4 that would only load one default figure, you do have the full version dont you? Forgive me if I seem a little sceptical here, but most of us dont have the problems you mention, of courses there could be some specific set of circumstances, like a bad installation file that apply only to you, but on the info we have so far I still think the most likely problem is an incorrect install of the additional items that you are having trouble loading.