Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: First Ever Pic :-) WIP

mit123 opened this issue on Jul 22, 2003 ยท 12 posts

Patricia posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 6:23 PM

That's a handsome render for someone just starting out :) I'd probably put some clothes on her to disguise the difference between the color tones of her face and neck and her shoulders...or maybe warm up the facial tones in a paint program. It helps to give her something to look at that would explain the slight frown in her expression, too...but that's just a suggestion. I tend to like images that tell a story. geoegress is right on the mark--render as large as your computer will let you--I usually render at about 2000 x whatever (though my Mary Magdalen portrait was rendered at 2995 X 4000 (I think...not good at recalling #'s) so that I could do the postwork more easily. I've learned to keep a backup file of things I render that large, since even my iMac occassionally balks and barfs on an image that large! Even if you're not into a whole lot of postwork yet, the larger you render, the clearer the details will look after you shrink it down to around 900 X 700 or so to post it. Good luck with your Poser experience and never hesitate to ask questions when you're stumped :)