Forum: Vue

Subject: Hyperthreading and Vue Rendering Times

sacada opened this issue on Jul 21, 2003 ยท 25 posts

Brewvet posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 11:00 PM

Here is the cut and pasted e-mail from E-on. I have been using Vue on an Athlon 900MHz machine and have recently purchased a new box. (Sony VAIO PCV-RS 320 P4 2.53 GHz with 'hyperthreading') Vue does not, suprisingly, seem to run faster. In fact sometimes it seems to run slower than on my old machine. Vue has crashed occasionally under the new XP system and when I attempt a Ctrl-Atl-Delete end program the cpu usage shows only 50 percent. Does Vue support 'hyperthreading' technology on a single CPU system? If not, are there any updates in the works to take advantage of it? I understand this is not a high priority, but any users that purchase a new system will undoubtedly have a "Hyperthreaded" system. Any correspondence will be appreciated. Dr. Michael R. Nash Posted by: Steve Bell On: 2003/07/16 12:17:32 Hi Michael, I'm not all that surprised. The Athlon is really good at 3D rendering, while the P4 is not... Vue 4 is not designed to benefit from HyperThreading technology. I don't know if any updates are in the works, but what i do know is that you should at least update to the latest release (currently 4.12). Best regards. Steve Bell I am now running an render test. I'll report on it shortly. Thanks for the reply, Thalaxis MN