Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: MORE THIEVES

Rhiannon opened this issue on Jul 22, 2003 ยท 59 posts

SnowSultan posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 8:24 AM

Spit, that was a very well thought-out post. For me, being able to save the beautiful, bizarre, and humorous images I find online is one of the only reasons I even bother going online. Are we not supposed to save text files and videos either because technically they're copyrighted materials too? I would never claim to have created someone else's work, but I'll do whatever I need to do to save an image that I like. I suppose if you really wanted to deter thieves, you could make your images 2000x1850 or some other ridiculous size and then disable right-clicking. IE 6 will auto-shrink it to fit the window, but the detail will be lost. Printscreen won't get the entire image in one shot either, and most thieves won't bother pasting together the pieces, especially if it scrolls the browser window both horizontally and vertically. Of course, I and the many other honest image-savers won't bother trying either. :) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.